Temi is a small village of South-East Sikkim. Himalayan Ranges covered with green and thick rain-forest and varied colored flowers and birds makes this place a heaven on Earth. The wonderful Temi Tea garden adds to the beauty. Cherry Resort is located at the heart of Temi Hill, on the north west slide. Due to it’s geographic position, Cherry Resort is one of the best places in Sikkim to see mesmerizing Mount Kanchenjunga. In my review series this one is the Review of Cherry Resort located in Sikkim, India.
Temi Tour, My Story
It was the Autumn of 2013 when I was travelling with my family around Temi. I was on my way to ‘Chardham’ when Cherry Resort caught my attraction. A Hill covered with Green Team Garden and unknown Violet Flower was protecting the silent and lonely Cherry Resort like its own little daughter. I promised to myself, this is the place to be and I would visit this place again. After that I went abroad. I spent an year in the United States and returned to India in 2015. It was the Autumn of 2016 when I planned for a second trip to Sikkim. This time my wife was accompanying me along with my family and my little one. I came to Cherry Resort. Believe me, I would have missed the pleasure of heaven if I didn’t visit this place. I was so moved by my stay, that I still enchant that wonderful moment and writing this review with all good memories.
Location of Temi
Cherry Resort is located in South East Sikkim, adjacent to Rabongla, a place which attracts frequently attract foreigners and travelers from around the world. This place has geographical advantage of the Soulful view of Mount Kanchenjunga. An open corridor between the Mountain and Temi makes a clear and photographic view possible. Temi is also the perfect place to view the entire Himalayan Range of Sikkim from one view point. However, the resort is not a very easy place to reach. Nearest International Airport is Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Intl Airport (CCU) and the nearest domestic airport is Bagdogra Airport (IXB). They are 665 Kilo meters and 120 Kilo meters respectively. From Kolkata airport you have to take a flight to Bagdogra or a night’s train to reach New Jalpaiguri Junction Railway Station (NJP). From Bagdogra and New Jalpaiguri Rented Private Car and Shared Shuttle service is available to reach Temi. Temi is a village. So, you might find it difficult to get the right transport on time if you do not make arrangement prior to your arrival. Cherry Resort provides pick up and drop service to both of these locations. So contact the authority if you do not have an alternative option.
Rooms and Facilities
I won’t rate Cherry Resort high when it comes to quality of Rooms. The rooms are clean, toilets are American Style, clean and spacious. They supply adequate pillows and blankets which are necessary in Temi’s temperature. They serve food in rooms, have room service and hot water available. Television and Wifi is available in rooms. Each room has an attached balcony which is the most refreshing part of the room. However, I must say that the decoration and overall outfits of the rooms are not worth of the Rent you’re paying. The resort doesn’t have any catchy facilities which other resorts with no great visual attraction, usually offers. So, I find no reason to conclude that I got the value for my money spent.
Points To Note for Cherry Resort
Following are some of the key points for taking special care while planning a stay at Cherry Resort.
- Transport to Temi : As I said, Temi is not the easiest place to reach from nearest Airport or Railway station. So, make sure you have a plan for transport arrangement. You’ll get adequate cars from New Jalpaiguri Station and Bagdogra Airport, but you have to bargain for correct rate. Depending on the season of the year rates may vary between Rs 2500 to Rs 4500 for standard 6 seater SUV cars.
- Book ‘Kanchenjunga Facing’ rooms: Best part of the Hotel is there is all rooms have one side open. But the Kanchenjunga facing rooms are real charm and always on demand. Ask specifically for those rooms (floor doesn’t matter unless you have difficulties using staircase). Rooms on the other side has splendid Tea-garden view, which is not bad either.
- Go For American Plan (AP): Cherry Resort is a remote place and there is practically no restaurant nearby. So definitely go for all the three meals in the Resort’s Bar cum Restaurant. I personally didn’t find the food served at the resort a really tasty ‘Indian Cuisine’, but continental and Chinese lovers will find number of options available.
- Don’t Miss the Breakfast at Rooftop: If the morning is sunny, the breakfast in the lap of Himalayas is priceless. Do go for it.
- Choose the Right Season: Temi is often demotivating and pale because of the same geographical position which gives it advantage during Late Autumn, Winter and Early Spring. Cloudy sky and fog covers the entire mountain range making it virtually impossible to get a glimpse of Kanchenjunga. So, plan accordingly. November to March is the best time to visit this place. Usually the Resort remains occupied during this season – so plan ahead of time.
- For Calm-Lovers Not a Party Spot: You will be compelled to observe silence. The resort is absolutely calm and quite. If you’re in party mood, this is perhaps not the best place.
I would definitely recommend Cherry Resort to a mountain lover and peace finder. Go to the place and you’ll get a lifetime experience. And finally, my review would remain incomplete if I do not share these awesome photos of my trip to the resort.
You are not allowed to copy, print, download or re-use any of the images shown here without proper permission. Please contact me if you want to use one or more images displayed on this page.
Trackback from your site.