Here are some of the Java questions which are often asked to new joiners in our project interview. You will get a basic idea of Java project interviews in TCS. I’ll publish the answers in future, may be as a separate blog post.
- What is the difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding?
- What is the difference between Runtime Exception and Compile Time Exception?
- What is a checked exception? What is an un-cheked exception?
- Do Java support Multiple Inheritance? If yes, how?
- What is a Marker Interface? Give an example.
- What is the difference between JRE, JDK and JVM?
- Explain the visibility of 4 types of access modifiers – Public, Protected, Default, Private?
- Can a class constructor be private? If yes, why do we need such constructors?
- What is a wrapper class?
- What is an immutable object?
- Can we declare a variable inside an interface? If yes, then what should be the variable’s modifiers?
- What is an Abstract Class?
- What is coupling and cohesion?
- What is type-casting?
- What is the default value of a ‘char’ variable?
- What is the difference between ‘Bitwise AND’ and ‘Logical AND’ operator?
- How do you iterate through a HashMap?
- What are the advantages of using ArrayList<String> over String Array (String) ?
- What is Generics?
- What is Reflection?
- What is Auto-Boxing?
- How are Javadoc comments different from normal comments?
- What is a Object Factory Method?
- What is Var Args?
- Is it possible to write a try block without catch?
[Update: I have started writing the answers as separate blogs. The answered blog posts are hyperlinked from the questions.]
Trackback from your site.